DaKor.Net

Go Back   DaKor.Net > Public > World of Warcraft

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2006, 07:45 PM   #21
Rainhorn

Send a message via AIM to Rainhorn Send a message via Yahoo to Rainhorn
Default Re: Horde Paladins / Alliance Shaman.

if that where true that would mean that drani can be pallys and shamans.
Rainhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:49 PM   #22
Clive
Da`Kor

Two words: Pokemon Online.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:15 PM   #23
Elsington
Da`Kor

I think it's times like these when you start shopping for another mmorpg =/ It's happened in other games... the devs listen too much to everyone's opinion and try and make all the fancy features everybody wants. Except it backfires and nobody feels the same as when they started playing.

It's beginning to become more obvious, at least from my standpoint, that Blizzard seems to be losing customers and are trying to toss out ideas. But who knows.. I might be coming off as skeptical but that's just what it seems like.

Though I could come back and definitely play a paladin on Executus instead of my priest... it does sound tempting.... hmmm....

"The light is my bitch, I shall not want. Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death, I have M'uru in a vial, and I can see juuuuust fine."
Elsington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:06 PM   #24
Euclidian
Da`Kor

This is just my feelings about this, but I feel this is the worst possible thing blizzard could ever have said they were gonna do, not only does it beat the lore remorselessly over the head with a soldering iron it destroys the uniqueness of each faction and what the factions had to offer. While it does make it easier on the horde PvE side of things, I still feel that they're completely ruining the reasons why most people play this game, that theres a uniqueness to each side. If they go through with this, they better make big changes to the lore and to the classes for each side so that while they each side may have the exact same class sets, the factions will still be unique more so than just their racials.

**Edit**
...I'm sorry but this is hilarious
http://classbalance.ytmnd.com/

Last edited by Euclidian; 07-21-2006 at 10:46 PM.
Euclidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 04:21 AM   #25
Tor

Sigh. What are they going to do next, just let horde flip to alliance and visa versa? "To balance out racials"

I hate to say it but horde vs. alliance is fairly balanced. Horde have encounters that are a walk in the park and so do Alliance.
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 04:53 AM   #26
Schuyler

gnome shammy here I come!
Old 07-22-2006, 09:00 AM   #27
Kikkenass

Originally Posted by Elsington
It's beginning to become more obvious, at least from my standpoint, that Blizzard seems to be losing customers and are trying to toss out ideas.
I'm with you! Giving Horde Pallys and Alliance Shammys just doesn't seem right. I mean, it's our job to hate pallys and love shammys and now what are we going to do?

But one thing Blizzard isn't doing is losing customers:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060601-6964.html

Kikkenass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 12:20 PM   #28
Elsington
Da`Kor

Good point, it just seems to me that most mmorpgs start throwing out the semi desperate and not very well thought out ideas when they detect a huge dissatisfaction from the player base or when they start losing it =p

I'll have to get back on and see what's changed for myself though, before I make any judgements.

"The light is my bitch, I shall not want. Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death, I have M'uru in a vial, and I can see juuuuust fine."
Old 07-22-2006, 02:37 PM   #29
Ogmuk
Administrator

When this goes live it should be the perfect moment to nerf/remove Fear Ward. After all, Alliance will have Tremor totem too.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:38 PM   #30
Mulberry

the big problem between alliance and horde is the relative power of thier buffs.
i would gladly go back to paladin buffs after using shaman for a few months. they just arnt as good, or convienent to use. paladin launches a buff for 15 minutes on EVERYONE in the raid. Shaman drops a totem that lasts like 3 minutes and then continues to do that for the entire fight. kings+might+salvation just seems like more dps then wf + strength for a rogue, especially when alliance rogues can continue to use poisons in mainhand.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:38 PM   #31
Euclidian
Da`Kor

Yea one can only imagine, and seeing as how my chosen class looks like it wont be needed in BC i might as well reroll a BE pally when it comes out...bleh thanks a lot blizzard
Old 07-22-2006, 04:08 PM   #32
Elsington
Da`Kor

what they need to do (and probably will seeing this new development) is allow alliance -> horde crossovers and vice versa.

That way I can just transfer my paladin =p

Old 07-22-2006, 04:38 PM   #33
Euclidian
Da`Kor

Yes of course they would, while their at it, why not just stop with giving them shammies and us pallies, why not give us fear ward as well, here we come...BLOOD DWARVES!
Old 07-22-2006, 04:50 PM   #34
Elsington
Da`Kor

Blood Elf paladins and Draenei Shaman are supposed to have "unique" abilities and talents of their own.

I smell BE paladins with some sort of fear removal, but if not, I'm sure they will more than make up for alliance fear ward in another way. Not only that but it sounds like "Blood Knights" will be a darker version of an alliance paladin, which sounds enticing as well.

The more I think about it, the more I want to start off the expansion with a BE paladin. If they go through with it, that's probably gonna be my only option =x

Old 07-22-2006, 05:15 PM   #35
Sigurd

I think this will be great for the Paladin class in general. Blizzard can finally move the Paladins to the front of the raids and even design new encounters where Paladins have a greater role then spamming flash of light/cleanse mindlessly. Almost makes me want to play a Paladin again........almost.

Cursed are the Unfit for they shall be righteously exterminated.
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:16 PM   #36
Schuyler

Originally Posted by Clive
Two words: Pokemon Online.
CLive lets do it go go go Pokemon online!
Old 07-25-2006, 02:02 PM   #37
Zelin

Send a message via MSN to Zelin

They could at least call the classes something different.

I've seen Blood Knight for the blood elf Paladin on the wow forums. If they want extra points they could give each race a special spell, kinda like they do with Priests currently. That would add a little flavor. But not much.
Zelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:13 PM   #38
Elsington
Da`Kor

I've seen Blood Knight for the blood elf Paladin on the wow forums. If they want extra points they could give each race a special spell, kinda like they do with Priests currently. That would add a little flavor. But not much.
I believe they stated that the faction counterparts to paladins and shamans woluld have the same basic spells and trees, but a few new spells would be added to distinguish the horde from the alliance versions.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:22 PM   #39
Zelin

Send a message via MSN to Zelin

Ah...that's somewhat of a relief. It would've been neat if they had done that for all of the classes to begin with too.
Zelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:03 PM   #40
Euclidian
Da`Kor

I think they might also futz with the classes a little more to make them more distinct "However, by linking them in a relationship as unique counter-points, options are closed for our main design goal, which is to keep classes distinct. We want factions to be balanced, but don't want to cut and paste abilities from one to the other and homogenize the classes" quoted from Eyonix, this means to me that shaman and pallies might have a major overhaul come BC, because they're too damn lazy to fix us now