DaKor.Net

Go Back   DaKor.Net > Public > World of Warcraft

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2004, 01:59 AM   #1
Kizmet

Believe it or not I am leaning towards a warlock yes me Kizmet is thinking about playing a Warlock. I am gonna take the herbalism and mining professions so all you balcksmiths better try to get on my good side!

Kizmet
Old 10-29-2004, 03:20 AM   #2
Slayne

Default SO what you gonna play in retail?

I've thought about a warlock as well. I never got to experiment much other then with a priest.

If they let us keep our accounts into open beta, I think I'll spin a warlock and tinker around.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:57 AM   #3
Parascol

I'm going warrior again most likely unless they make Paladins *very* cool.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:54 PM   #4
Zhenya L`Usiv

Caught this blurb in another forum that I frequent, was wondering where you folks came down on the issue, or if it's even an issue at all.

Originally Posted by other people
WoW closed beta ended yesterday without them making all the final patch changes they promised they would test before release. My soaringly high opinion of the game's production has been knocked down a few pegs. Unless they run the most productive open beta ever I must withdraw my endorsement of this game.

EQ2, however, is still for fags.
Since I have yet to try this game, I have positivley no idea what to expect in terms of 'completeness' and 'content'.

Is this a 'Blizzard' product?
I.e. solid, balanced launch and outstanding CS?
Old 10-29-2004, 05:17 PM   #5
Antilles

I was really impressed with my warrior during stress, so I'll probably take that route.

Though I was thinking about trying out a pally, just depending on what happens here with 'em.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:20 PM   #6
Kizmet

Closed beta ends today As far as I know Zhenya, but there is still the open beta/stress test portion of the game testing to go still, I am sure they will be patching during that too. the game is good as it stands IMO

Kiz
Old 10-29-2004, 09:00 PM   #7
Rambaldi

Warlock, no doubt.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:58 PM   #8
Parascol

I agree with Kiz, they're pretty much ready. There may be a few bumps in the road when people start raiding and there may be some talent adjustments needed (especially for Paladin/Hunter) but other then that, it's very polished and mostly balanced.

They will let the closed beta characters continue playing through the stress test and I assume they will impliment the missing features for the stress test so that we can continue testing them.

It may not be 100% ready in accordance with blizzard standards, but it's 200% more ready then most games at launch in my opinion.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:21 PM   #9
Cattie

Seeing as i won't be able to play with anyone cept naru i don't think it'll matter what i play as...
Old 10-31-2004, 11:22 PM   #10
Kizmet

Dayum Cattie, Lighten up girl! it's justa fun question to pass the time.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:41 AM   #11
Anonymous

Cattie, at least you get to play!
Old 11-01-2004, 02:27 PM   #12
Zhenya L`Usiv

Originally Posted by Cattie
Seeing as i won't be able to play with anyone cept naru i don't think it'll matter what i play as...
If you would just move to the US, you wouldn't have these problems.
You would also lose your 'filthy euro' status.
Win-win situation!
Old 11-01-2004, 03:13 PM   #13
Parascol

I think they'll also let people transfer after a month or two, which won't be so bad.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:57 PM   #14
Cattie

Originally Posted by Zhenya L`Usiv
If you would just move to the US, you wouldn't have these problems.
You would also lose your 'filthy euro' status.
Win-win situation!
Can i move in with you then?
Old 11-01-2004, 09:24 PM   #15
Mahlerion

UD rogue on East Coast server. I'm SICK AND TIRED of casters getting the shaft on gear and getting nerfed all the time. My 60 mage became not much more than somebody to port people around or to AE the weak multi-mobs that come with some fights. The rogue actually has some FUN skills to use, as does the druid (and shaman). Mages used to be fun, but it seems that the melee classes always scream NERF if they happen to lose a fight (What? lose to a caster??? UNFAIR!!!!) and guess what class the game developers seem to always play!

I'm hanging up my caster robes for good!!!

Mahl

P.S. Having ROTTEN luck with the Stress Test DL, and trying to upgrade my Fileplanet subscription keeps failing, although I have confirmation emails now, but no upgrade credited when I log in. WoW main page is screwed up and doesn't even show the DL link any more. I give up. I'll see ya in retail.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:02 AM   #16
Bralan

I agree to some degree Mahl. 60 mage is weak. I feel strong enough in PVE but PvP am total ass. I am always the first to go down and the damage I deal can be interupted in too many ways by almost every class. The nerfage was extreme. Damage was reduced too much, cooldown was raised too much, Arcane route mixed with minor fire is only way to go, and lets not forget invis being taken away. Bastards!!!! I think they can fix the class though if they would take thier heads out of their asses and stop listening to the anti-mage fuckers. Mage was fun as hell 6 months ago. They need to find a middle ground.

Can't argue the gear thing. I am still wearing gear from mid 30's. The ratio of cloth to plate/leather drops is just stupid. And the bonuses the high end cloth gives is laughable. Needs SERIOUS work.

I will prolly roll a warrior cause i enjoyed it so much in beta 1 but will more then likely try to keep a mage leveled as well. If they make Arch Mage the mage hero class and give it a water elemental it would make it worth it =P

And WTF is with the no D0rf mage? I gotta get a few screens of myself to remember how kick ass a caster dwarf is. I refuse to be a gnome so if I go alliance I will have to be a human. WRONG!!!!!!!! I am semi pissed at this. As pissed as I can be about a game that is.

Bralan
Old 11-02-2004, 03:17 AM   #17
Zhenya L`Usiv

We have a spare bedroom with your name on it.
You can earn your keep with dish-washing, cooking, and participation in some of the most depraved acts of sexual theater known to man or beast.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:48 PM   #18
Anonymous

Imma be a Hunter
Old 11-05-2004, 04:32 PM   #19
Cattie

Originally Posted by Zhenya L`Usiv
We have a spare bedroom with your name on it.
You can earn your keep with dish-washing, cooking, and participation in some of the most depraved acts of sexual theater known to man or beast.
The first two i can do without, the last one sounds good tho.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:41 AM   #20
Rambaldi

Default Reforming guild....

At the moment, after seeing racial traits and such now....Night Elf Rogue.

I just logged in after the patch and sure enough the Night elves get a stealth that they can activate but cannot move in. So, no big deal right? it also states in the trait that when in stealth or stalking (druid) you are harder to detect.

Also, the high agility of a NE, nature resistance (10) trait, and although small (1%) extra dodge trait swayed it for me (note: iirc hearing Massah and Og say that it takes 10 points of agility to affect 1% dodge, so racial trait of 1% dodge is like having 10 extra Agilty added on[for dodge calculations only]).