DaKor.Net

Go Back   DaKor.Net > Archives > Public > PlanetSide

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2003, 03:49 AM   #21
Cattie

I'm by no means a stealther expert, never played one, but here's some of my thoughts on them after encountering them.

i found stealthers quite easy to spot while moving without darklight vision implant. only problem is when they stand still. Used to drive over my own sides stealthers who decided to stop in the middle of a base while i was doing drivebys, ran over quite a few.

one deal with hacking tho. the "hacker beam" is seen by all, while the hacker is invisible, anyone with eyes open will see the beam.

I saw one stealther who had alot of success with the knife, using the moment of distraction when other in his team drew fire while he snuck up and knifed em in the back.

Another used the combat engineering to lay mines without being seen. Pissing me off alot :? . Nothing like driving around the base for 3-4 laps then suddenly drive into 3 mines which weren't there.

There's also a "stealth" vehicle, which if you drive in a infiltration suit becomes invisible also. It had no guns tho but is quite fast. Also suffers from the blurriness while moving and is in some environments easy to see. but then again hard to catch up to. I only managed to down one with my Lighting tank, and was more of a luck shot cause the dumbass didn't try to dodge my fire and drove straight.

All in all i think stealthers can be quite good if played right. I've seen some amazing signs of stupidity from some tho. but there are others who rock at it.

And like Elwyn said, scouting can be done by almost anyone. Perhaps best done in a aircraft. I liked my Lighting tho, easy to drive, good firepower and fast for a tank. only drawback is the light armor.

Old 05-20-2003, 09:17 AM   #22
Sudo

Actually the true scouting vehicle is the mosquito. When flying below 50% speed it "illuminates" all ground targets to radar (of you and your team) like a giant motion detector. Even people in the basement of bases you fly over are detected.

Sudo

Old 05-28-2003, 01:50 AM   #23
Wanton

Updating my Cert list.

Infiltration Suit
AMS
Hacking/Adv Hacking

Next Cert will be:

Reaver

Old 05-28-2003, 01:10 PM   #24
Pethater

Default Application

I have been certifying and decertifying about as fast as I have been allowed to.

I tried a lot of different guns, and the vehicles out in VR, but haven't gotten a real feel for them until I"ve been shot down in combat a few times.

I haven't been very good at any sort of combat so far (lag issues plus I just suck). So now I'm going to start training the support roles (engineering/hacking/healing), and see if I can be of more help in those certifications.

Incidentally, I've noticed that recertifying is not working as advertised. When you decertify, the points become available immediately. You do not have to wait 24 hours for the decertification. However, you can not decertify another skill until the 24 hour countdown is finished.

Old 06-13-2003, 10:00 AM   #25
stimulant

Default re:

I think I have a setup similar to chaya's but I don't have a vehicle cert.

Medium Assault (2)
Engineering (3)
Combate Engineering (2)
Medical (3)
Advanced Medical (2)
Reinforced Armor (3)
Anti-Vehicular (3)
Hacking (3)

I plan on dropping CE when Liberator comes out and I think it should be 4 cert points, so when I hit 20 I'll have enough (corsses fingers).

Old 06-13-2003, 12:29 PM   #26
Pethater

I've settled on the following, unless somebody decides we need to focus on another area more:

I have:

AMS (2)
Reinforced Armor (3)
Medium Assault (3)
Engineering (3)
Adv. Engineering (2)
-------------
I plan on:

Hacker (3)
Adv. Hacker (2) (So I can get an AMS anywhere)

That leaves 6 certs so I figure on picking up another weapon cert, and one more vehicle cert (air or tank, haven't decided)