Go Back   DaKor.Net > Public > World of Warcraft

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2006, 09:44 PM   #1
Armon

Default Razorgore

Alright so here we go.

Razorgore the Untamed

Boss Information

Razorgore the Untamed is the first fight and one of the longest learning curves in Blackwing Lair. There are no trash mobs leading up to razorgore, just him and the fun that ensues. The Razorgore fight in itself is a 3 phase fight.

Throughout the room you will clearly see a whole bunch of eggs. You will also see an orb, this orb is used to control razorgore. You use razorgore to destroy all the eggs in the hatchery then you fight razorgore. Sounds easy right?. Not quite.

The room is gigantic rectangle with two platforms on either end. One platform contains 3 mobs defending the orb and the other platform contains razorgore.

The Encounter

As described above the encounter itself has three phases. The first phase is killing teh controller and controlling razorgore. At this point 3 types of mobs will spawn into the room. Legionaires,Mages and Dragonkin. The room will continue to spawn these mobs until there is a total of 20 dragonkin and a mix of legionaires and mages totaling 40.

At this point legionaires and dragonkin will be kited around the room until all the eggs are destroyed. At that point the final phase of the fight begins the slow and steady burn down of razorgore. Each phase will be described in more detail below.

Phase 1 - Killing the Controller and his friends

Phase 1 starts with the raid in the middle of the room. In front of the raid stands the controller and the orb. The raid is divided into 4 groups. Each group will be assigned a corner. Once the controllers are killed the raid proceed's into their rightful corner.

The controller and his friends will be pulled to the raid by a hunter and each of the targets will be burned down starting with the controller first. This also starts the fight, razorgore is all of a sudden loose.

While the raid burns down the mobs one member will run up and control the orb, which in tern controls razorgore. This member will tehn proceed to start destroying eggs starting at the far east side (where razorgore originally stands).

While the raid burns down the adds the 4 paladins assigned to kiter healing will go and take there spots on the tops of the platforms. (check out the picture)

From this vantage point the shamans will be main healers during the entire phase 2 of teh fight healing the kiters and then the lone kiter.

Once the mobs are burned down all groups moved into their rightful corners illustrated below.

Phase 2 - The kiting begins

The raid has approximately 30seconds to burn down the controller and his two guardians before the room begins to spawn. If the mobs are burned down fast enough there will be a brief second to go OOC and eat/drink/res.

A legionaire, dragonkin, mage will start spawning at each corner, approximately every 15 seconds. The goal of each corner is to kill all the mages as they come up. The mobs will all generall run up to teh platform, then randomly target a raid member and run to them.

This is where the two kiters come in. 2 warriors are designated kiters and will kite the legionaires and dragonkin all around the length of the room (from 1 platform to the other). The kiters follow a somewhat figure 8 path but they never actually cross each other or else they will lose mobs. Teh warrior will run from one platform up the other, hitting any dragonkin legionaires along his way pulling them onto his mini train.

The room will continue spawning until there are at least 40 legionaires and mages in the room at at least 20 dragonkin. The room then caps and no other mobs will spawn in except to replace a dead mage or legionaire etc.

While the two tanks are kiting the legionaires and dragonkin that are spawning the paladins are the main healers, tossing flash of light on each kiter as they run by. No kiter should leave a shaman platform without full health.

There is a second part to this phase, THE VOLLEY. Once the first raid member loses there mind control on razorgore another tank will pick up the orb and control razorgore. This tank will continue killing the eggs in the room. After about 1-2 mind controls by the main kiter the room should have fully spawned. At this point the Main Kiter uses Razorgores volley ability which forces all the mobs in the room to aggro upon razorgore. Once the mobs being running to razorgore, the corners finish off any remaining mages.

When it's just right (before the mobs start beating down razorgore) the main kiter will break his mind control by doing /dance. This ends up dropping all of razorgores mobs aggro on the main kiter. At this point that kiter simply kites the entire room, and all shamans and druids focus quick low agro heals on the main kiter while he kites the entire room.

Any stray mobs are picked up by a secondary tank. The raid member that started the mind control will then pick it back up and finish the rest of the eggs while the room is kited around. For the rest of the raid this is a small break dn they begin preparing for the final phase.

Phase 3 Razorgore Gone MAD!

During this Phase, Razorgore himself must be killed. This is a fairly straightforward task involving tanking, healing stamina, and (only) ranged DPS. The person controlling razorgore will stand still, a sacrifice I know or run him away from the raid.

The rest of the raid will group up on the side razor starts at. The fight is a tank/heal/ranged burn down fight

There are two tanks on razorgore. Both immedietly run over to him and start building up aggro. They pull him away from the group and tank him towards the side the orb is at.

As soon as this Phase begins, the Controller will move immediately to the SW corner of the chamber, to wait for Razorgore. *EVERY* other player *MUST* get out of the SW corner when this occurs, and should stay well clear of Razorgore as he moves to attack the Controller.

Once Razorgore has engaged the Controller, the fight begins in earnest. Razorgore has the following attacks and abilities:
1. A standard melee attack.
2. A melee cleave.
3. A warstomp AoE ability that knocks down targets in melee range. This ability also temporarily reduces the aggro on those whom it knocks down.
4. Conflagration. This frontal cone AoE attack combines a nasty, unremovable DoT with a confusion effect. Each tick of the DoT also affects nearby friendly targets who do not have the DoT themselves, meaning that anybody near a conflagg'd target will be hurt also. Conflagg'd targets are completely ignored by Razorgore for the duration of the effect. When it wears off, their aggro level is restored immediately.
5. Fireball Volley. Approximately every 20 seconds, Razorgore will use his Fireball Volley attack, which will affect most (if not all) enemies within a moderate range (~40 yards) that are within LoS of Razorgore. This volley does ~1k damage. To avoid the effects of the Volley, players can break LoS with Razorgore by moving into a cubby, behind a platform, around a corner, etc. Players can also simply back away out of its maximum range.
6. Razorgore is untauntable.
To effectively fight Razorgore, two MTs must be engaged with him at all times. The current aggro-leader MT should be in front of Razorgore, and the secondary MT should be behind him. Each time Razorgore uses Conflagration on the current MT, he will immediately turn around and switch targets to the secondary MT. When the original MT is no longer congflagg'd, Razorgore may either switch back to the original MT, or (depending on how close the MTs were on his aggro list before the conflag) stay on the secondary MT.

It is vital that the MTs stay on opposite sides of Razorgore so that they cannot both be hit by Conflagration simultaneously, and so that when one is conflagg'd, his AoE does not affect the other.

Because Razorgore is untauntable and has aggro-reducing abilities, sufficient time must be allowed at the beginning of for the MTs to build up
aggro.

At this point ranged DPS begins slow and steady and healers pay attention and switch healing appropriately. Around 25 percent and after a conflag rogues can go in for the final burn down.

Voila receive your phat loots.

Last edited by Armon; 06-12-2006 at 09:51 PM.
Armon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:31 AM   #2
Elsington
Da`Kor

Default Re: Razorgore

Nice writeup, and I can't stress enough how important it is for shaman to carry the bulk of healing/heal aggro on this fight. It is not as important as it was for paladins back when we did this on Stormrage, since we now have multiple aoe snares, but still important. The dragonkin and orcs will still tear through the priests just as easily.

Luckily we have shared healing aggro on horde to make mail tanking healers viable =D

This was the one problem we had that caused a wipe almost every time I think, priests dying to aggro on the first stage, which in turn left us short on healing endurance to kill Razorgore in the second.

"The light is my bitch, I shall not want. Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death, I have M'uru in a vial, and I can see juuuuust fine."
Elsington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:01 AM   #3
Drunklight
Da`Kor

as amazing as it sounds... these guys hit on shamans just as hard as they hit on me on drunklight(priest)
(600-1200 nonecrits)

we cant stand and take the pressure of more then 1 mob, and even then we need it pilled off us really fast
Drunklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:23 AM   #4
Elsington
Da`Kor

I'm not sure I understand how mail armor = cloth armor now? Or are you shaman wearing cloth =p

"The light is my bitch, I shall not want. Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death, I have M'uru in a vial, and I can see juuuuust fine."
Old 06-13-2006, 10:22 AM   #5
Stryken
Da`Kor

think the issue was that they just hit plain hard overall...you can't really tank these as a healer
Old 06-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #6
Elsington
Da`Kor

Nobody said anything about tanking, paladins couldn't tank them either, but we lasted more than one hit, enough time to stay alive and keep aggro off the priests (who would get one shotted).

Shaman have less armor than paladins sure, but it's only one step down from healer plate, and two steps higher than priest armor.

I'm not suggesting healers tank the adds. What I am suggesting is that we use the same basic healing profile that we used on Stormrage, only replace paladins with snare capable shamans.

*edit* warriors should always be tanking as much as possible during the first stage, but with so many mobs it will be almost impossible to control them all. That's why we need shamans to have higher aggro.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:57 PM   #7
Bayner

Yea i think the Warrior kiting all is a pretty nice idea.
Bayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:16 PM   #8
Elsington
Da`Kor

The horde guild on our old server (at the time only significant horde raiding guild) actually just killed all the mobs where they spawned in each corner of the room. They did it successfully as far as I know.

I don't like that idea too much =/

Old 06-13-2006, 02:39 PM   #9
Tregge

Send a message via AIM to Tregge

Originally Posted by Elsington
I'm not sure I understand how mail armor = cloth armor now? Or are you shaman wearing cloth =p
Because Inner Fire puts us up close to mail ac without a shield. =)
Tregge is offline   Reply With Quote