DaKor.Net

Go Back   DaKor.Net > Public > News

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
Seiga
Administrator

Default Da`Kor Chapter - Aion

We're only a few weeks away from the launch of Aion with the start of Open Beta on September 6-13th. We would like to encourage all of our past and present Da`Kor members (Good Players Please) that wish to participate to join us when the game is released. We have determined some key options on servers and factions, but will provide that information during Open Beta later on.

If you're thinking of playing please make a post in our Aion forums so we can get an idea of headcount. Also feel free to join us in our Aion channel: irc.stratics.com #aion

Thanks. Hope to see you in game!

Update: For the Open Beta, we will be Elyos on the server Siel.
18:48:22 [W] Tryst: Like people fear that I'll immediately boot them out of the guild, hunt down their family and slowly roast them over a car engine, while hanging them up by their nipples with meathooks and giving them tons of paper cuts on the bottom of their feet.

Seiga - Aion - 50 Elyos Ranger (retired)
Seiga Genesis - WAR - RR 78 Sorceress (retired)
Tenseiga - WoW - 80 Tauren Druid (retired)
Tetsusaiga - WoW - 7X Undead Rogue (retired)

<Da`Kor> 4 Life! (MMO RETIRED)
Seiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
Crazyheal
Da`Kor

Send a message via AIM to Crazyheal
Default Re: Da`Kor Chapter - Aion

is this game cool enough so far that I should possibly reserve myself a copy to dominate in the world of Aion? Someone please give me some honest pros and cons of this game!
Crazyheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:09 AM   #3
Aza
Da`Kor Officer

I've only leveled to 21 in closed beta and PvP doesn't start till level 25 so I don't know. However, you can try out the game for free in open beta I think.
Aza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
Seiga
Administrator

Originally Posted by Crazyheal View Post
is this game cool enough so far that I should possibly reserve myself a copy to dominate in the world of Aion? Someone please give me some honest pros and cons of this game!
Pro's - Large scale PvP which inevitably results in their end game content. Best gear is from PvP. There's a Penalty system as well similar to WoW Arena, except the penalty occurs when you die (not when an arena match is over). In other words, don't die. PvE also has exp loss if you die, but you can buy some of that exp back.

Con's - It's a grind fest to 50 (typical NCSoft style).

~Seiga.
18:48:22 [W] Tryst: Like people fear that I'll immediately boot them out of the guild, hunt down their family and slowly roast them over a car engine, while hanging them up by their nipples with meathooks and giving them tons of paper cuts on the bottom of their feet.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #5
Ashius
Da`Kor

end game pvp, is like warhammer? open world? the thing i dont like about that , is you get zerged 30 vs 10 (or 200 vs 50) sometimes. It can be nice when you beat large numbers like that, but overall, i prefer closed areas where the playing field is even(like wow bgs or arena).
Ashius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:17 AM   #6
Seiga
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ashius View Post
end game pvp, is like warhammer? open world? the thing i dont like about that , is you get zerged 30 vs 10 (or 200 vs 50) sometimes. It can be nice when you beat large numbers like that, but overall, i prefer closed areas where the playing field is even(like wow bgs or arena).
End game in WAR has changed dramatically, still a messed up game, but the end game pvp got better. As for Aion, Oogly knows more about the end game probably out of a lot of us since he and alpha have been playing the Korean version for some time I believe. But some folks have stated that the Aion Zerg isn't that bad compared to what it was in WAR:

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/atre...t-bad-war.html

If it's a lot like DAOC with roaming groups, then the game has potential.

~Seiga.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AION_black_LOGO.jpg
Views:	2287
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	612